Scalable. Responsive. Innovative.
For everything hyperscale, there’s ExosTM X — the most powerful way to access the datasphere and harness the full potential of the cloud. The Exos X14 enterprise hard drive integrates the latest technology in support of a scalable, secure, and reliable cloud data centre.* Specifically designed to work in highly scalable environments requiring low power consumption and weight, the Exos X series hard drives perform consistently while scaling to meet the stringent TCO requirements of most cloud-based data centres.
*Formerly Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium)
Built-in Data Protection
Seagate Secure Instant Secure Erase drives simplify drive re-purposing and disposal, protect data-at-rest and help comply with corporate and federal data security mandates. Prevent unauthorised access and safeguard stored data with three levels of security, including Secure Downloads & Diagnostics (SD&D), TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistant hard drive.*
*Seagate Secure Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
Data Management Made Easy
• Simplify infrastructure management with the FastFormat feature for advanced format (4Kn and 512e).
• Unprecedented power savings during idle times with PowerChoice technology for TCO improvement.
• Use Instant Secure Erase for easy drive disposal and re-purposing if and when needed.
• Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres.
• Massive scale-out data centers.
• Big data applications.
• High-capacity density.
• RAID storage.
• Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays.
• Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
• Enterprise backup and restore— D2D, virtual tape.
• Centralised surveillance.
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate|
|Annualised Workload Rating|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock||70 / 40 G|
|Dimensions||101.85 x 26.11 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|