Exos 7E2000: Trusted, Efficient, Versatile
The Seagate® Exos™ 7E2000 enterprise hard drives can store large amounts of data without using a ton of system space — 1,000 GB in a compact 2.5-inch form factor. Exos 7E2000 provides the density, low power consumption and data integrity needed in traditional data centres and the cloud.
Trusted Bulk Data Storage in a Small Data Centre Footprint
Exos 7E2000 drives optimise your data centre footprint in a proven 2.5-inch form factor for infrastructures requiring highly reliable access to bulk data. Conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology helps Exos 7E2000 catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability and ironclad security for demanding 24×7 operations. A 2M-hr. MTBF rating with supported workloads of 550 TB/year, dense data storage and low power consumption help you meet your storage SLAs while lowering TCO.
Significant Hard Drive Power Savings
Exos 7E2000 drives ensure data confidence with a reliable, low-power platform for efficient bulk storage operations, even in harsh data centre environments. Exos 7E2000 helps reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, low-power consumption drive. Included PowerChoice™ technology empowers IT organisations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption, resulting in power savings of up to 35% over traditional 3.5-inch drives, and potentially operating as low as 1.1 watts when idle.
• 128MB data buffer (see Section 4.5).
• 3.0 / 6.0 / 12.0 Gb Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface.
• Automatic shipping lock.
• Background Media Scan (BMS).
• Dedicated head load/unload zone and automatic shipping lock.
• Drive Self Test (DST).
• Dynamic spindle brake.
• ECC maximum burst correction length of 524 bits for 512 byte blocks.
• Embedded servo design.
• Firmware downloadable using the SAS interface.
• Flawed logical block reallocation at format time.
• Idle Read After Write (IRAW).
• Industry standard SFF 2.5-inch dimensions.
• Integrated dual port SAS controller supporting the SCSI protocol.
• Jumperless configuration.
• No preventive maintenance or adjustments required.
• NVC- backed write cache of approximately 334K.
• Power Choice.
• Power Save.
• Programmable auto write and read reallocation.
• Programmable logical block reallocation scheme.
• RAID Rebuild™.
• Reallocation of defects on command (Post Format).
• SAS Power Disable.
• Self diagnostics performed when power is applied to the drive.
• Support for SAS expanders and fanout adapters.
• Supports up to 16 initiators.
• User-selectable logical block sizes for 512N model (512, 520, 524 or 528 bytes per logical block).
• Vertical, horizontal, or top down mounting.
• Zone bit recording (ZBR).
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Access Time||4.16 ms|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate||136 MB/s|
|Interface||SAS-3 (12Gb/s) Dual Port|
|Annualised Workload Rating|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock||25 G|
|Max.Power Usage||5.9 W|
|Dimensions||70.1 x 15 x 100.45 (WxHxD mm)|