Impressive Capacity: Designed for Speed
Supporting the industry’s best response times for an 6TB a nearline drive, the Seagate® Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint available on the market. With innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, you can customise your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with the 6TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs, while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB/yr, and backed by 2M hours MTBF as well as a 5-Year Limited Warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD helps to ensure you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
• Fastest high-capacity HDD with best-in-class random and sequential read/write performance.
• Eighth-generation drive technology for reliable access to bulk storage of unstructured data.
• Both 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into replicated and RAID storage systems.
• Enhanced error correction, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
• Industry-leading rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance.
• Improved power and cooling efficiencies with low power consumption and on-demand PowerChoice™ technology based on T10/T13 power management standards.
• Engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr - 10× that of desktop drives.
• Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-coverattached.
motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
• Hyperscale applications.
• High-capacity RAID storage.
• Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS).
• Cloud data centres - replicated bulk data storage.
• Enterprise backup and restore - D2D, virtual tape.
• Centralised surveillance.
|Edition||Enterprise Capacity 3.5|
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Access Time||4.16 ms|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate||226 MB/s|
|Annualised Workload Rating|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock||40 G|
|Max.Power Usage||11.77 W|
|Dimensions||101.85 x 26.1 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|